I have been praying about my Word for 2016. The word itself has no power over the year ahead, but the process of choosing it does make a difference in my life. It causes me to pause, to ponder, to pray, to think about the last year and contemplate what I would like the next year to be.
First and foremost, I want 2016 to be exactly what my Lord wills it to be. I do not want any single thing to happen without the Lord’s blessing. I do not want to desire or chase after any single thing that is not of Him and for Him. I pray that my “goals” and my hopes for the future will be transformed into what God already knows to be best for me, my family, and our life!
One Word For 2016
Several words came to mind as I thought about what I’d like to study, meditate on, and pray over in 2016. Intentional, Grow, Rest, Contentment. In the end, I have come to a word that can encompass all of those to some extent. My Word for 2016 is Bloom.
“Bloom Where You Are Planted” — that holds a lot of meaning for me. I have always strived to bloom where I am at in my life. To accept. To embrace.
In 2016, I want to Bloom in every area of my life: in my faith, in my marriage, as a mom, in our homeschool, as a homemaker, as a friend, my health, and in all areas of my business.
I don’t want to seek or expect more. I just want to take what I have been given and nurture it, embrace it, and let it Bloom.
A few ways I plan to #BloomIn2016 :
– Spend time reading the Bible and jornaling my thoughts & prayers every day.
– Be a more JOYful wife and show my husband how important he is to me.
– Be kinder, more intentional with character training, and play more with my kids.
– Make our homeschool more fun, so that learning is more fun for my kids.
– Joyfully do my homemaking tasks.
– Reach out to my long-lost friends, cultivate new friendships.
– Take daily supplements that I know make me feel better, Eat healthier, Be more active.
My scripture for the year: