Being alone feels like a huge deal on Valentine’s Day, but I know loneliness is not reserved just for that day where cheap chocolate and cheesy cards abound.
In fact, feeling alone is not reserved just for people who are single. Having been single and now having been married for almost 15 years, I know that marriage doesn’t fix everything or much of anything at all. You can certainly be alone even in marriage.
Actually, some of my loneliest times have been while I was married. Marriage exposes our faults, our selfishness, our weaknesses, and all of the bad that lives in our depths. And that of our husband’s, too.
It is only by the grace of God that any of us are brought through the refining fire (again and again) and come out the other side stronger. Through it all, I’ve learned that trusting in and depending on Jesus is the best place for any of us to be.
That’s why Jesus needs to be our first love. He needs to be the one who fills that emptiness, that loneliness, that void of darkness and gloom.
Marriage itself has taught me more than anything else, that it’s not your husband that fulfills your need for love. You know what it means to truly love and be loved? In a word, it is JESUS!
JESUS is love, love is JESUS!
So, even if you are alone or feel alone, whether in marriage or not, please remember this: you are not alone! You are loved with a perfect, unfailing, unconditional, inhuman love by our Father in Heaven. He will never leave you or forsake you. You are His and He is yours.
I hope you can believe this truth!
10 Scriptures Of Love For Your Heart
- Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
- And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:5
- And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 2 Thessalonians 3:5
- How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Psalm 36:7-10
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
- The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God… 1 John 3:1
“God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” ~ Augustine