Have you heard about the Instant Pot yet? It is an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and steamer that can saute, make yogurt, and more. It sounds too good to be true, I know! But, it is a real small kitchen appliance and it has made my life so much easier.
I own the 8qt. and like all Instant Pots, it has a stainless steel exterior, insert pot, and rack that can easily be cleaned. You can choose the perfect size for your family (5, 6, or 8qt.)
They also have a glass lid to make slow cooking more convenient and a set of accessories available for purchase. But, to be honest, I have neither and haven’t needed them in the 12+ months I’ve been using the IP. I kind of want them, though.
I do, however, have a steamer basket (like this one) that I use in my Instant Pot every day. It works awesome for steaming eggs.
I use it as a pressure cooker (sidenote: this is not a pressure canner) and a steamer. I use it daily and most often for hard-steamed eggs, pinto beans, and roast dinners. Those are all staples in our home, but when my life slows down, I hope to experiment with more recipes, including some sweet ones!
I plan to buy another 8qt. Instant Pot at some point because I’d love to have a huge roast cooking in one while veggies are being steamed in the other. Hashtag large family goals. 😉
Why I Love The Instant Pot
- it’s practically an all-in-one appliance (eliminate the clutter!)
- it’s super easy to use (pre-set and programmable options)
- one-pot meals (my favorite types)
- easy clean-up (an obvious must)
- quicker cook time (last-minute meal planning)
- hard-steamed eggs peel easily (this is very important in our house since we consume almost 5 dozen hard-steamed eggs per week)
- can be used as a slow cooker (prep and start in the morning)
- healthier food options (steamed, etc.)
- makes homesteading easier (make yogurt, less time cooking and more time for the rest of your work, etc.)
- stainless steel is healthier than other cookware/bakeware materials (although, cast iron is another must in our home)
- moist, tender, flavorful meats without hours of cooking/roasting (we like how meat turns out in the IP better than a crock pot)
- pressure cooking retains the flavor and moisture of foods, so fewer seasonings and liquids are needed compared to roasting/slow cooking (frugal. however, a small amount of liquid IS needed)
There are probably more reasons to love an Instant Pot that I can’t remember at the moment. I just know that it has made meal planning and dinner prep so much easier for me as a busy homeschooling mom of seven children!
Every since I purchased mine, it has been added to my top small kitchen appliances for homemakers list. Do you own an Instant Pot? What is your favorite thing to make in it?
If you still haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon and bought yourself one, you have the chance to win one right here! I’m partnering with 24 of my blogging friends to give away FOUR Instant Pots! Yup, FOUR!! Just in time for Mother’s Day. What an amazing gift that would be, right?! To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Now I know that is quite a few entries for you, but each of these bloggers generously chipped in their own money to bring you this giveaway, so I hope you will take the time to do all of the entries. And hey, the more entries you do, the better your odds are at winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway ends May 10th at 11:59pm EDT. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to email to claim prize. Please be sure to read the Terms & Conditions upon entering the giveaway.